Q. I have a computer with Vista that is wirelessly connected to the internet. I want to connect my computer running Linux to the Vista computer to share files, printers, and internet. I have an Ethernet cable between the two, what do I do next? I'm lost.
A. Once you've got them both on a common IP network via the cross-over ethernet cable between them, you'll want to setup Samba on the FC6 box.
Here's the 'offical' reference guide to setting up Samba-
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/
Here's the 'offical' reference guide to setting up Samba-
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/
How to install latest version of java on linux fedora?
Q. I recently bought a computer with the operating system fedora and I wanted to play poker online, but it says I need the latest version of java . I need to know how to install it right after you download it. Thanks for the help
A. sudo install sun-java-jdk
I have a new computer with linux fedora installed but I don't have any sound on my internet can someone help?
Q. It is a computer with a core 2 duo and 2 gigs of ram fedora installed and the sound works with amarok but not with the internet, so I need help!! Please?
A. Try reconfiguring your sound card.
If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the codecs used with mplayer, reinstalling flash and java.
If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the codecs used with mplayer, reinstalling flash and java.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
No comments:
Post a Comment