Sunday, January 6, 2013

If I download Linux Mint 9 "Isadora"-RC will I be able to just download an update once the full version is out?

Q. I mean do I have to get a whole other huge file or will I be able to just download a small update

A. You will be able to update to the Final Release using Mint Update. I am sticking with Linux Mint 8 myself as I am not that impressed


LUg.

How can I download programs to Linux Mint 7?
Q. I am trying to download some programs from the Programs Portal to Linux Mint 7 GNOME (aka Gloria).
How can I do this?

Thanks in advance. :)

A. The Linux Mint Software Portal is an installation service designed to help find and install applications on the Linux Mint operating system. Browse some of the most popular software programs and install with just one click using mintInstall
http://www.linuxmint.com/software/
http://www.linuxmint.com/software/?sec=categories&release=5


LUg.

Easiet way to download linux mint?
Q. I've watched many video on how to download linux mint, and when people download it, it shows up as an winrar file thing for me. WHAT'S THE EASIEST WAY TO ANSWER THIS. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE WRITE DOWN A STEP BY STEP WAY TO DOWNLOAD IT. (CD or USB) please make sure it works.

A. Linux Mint 11 Download
http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=81

You download the ISO. image of Linux Mint 11 then you need to create a Bootable LiveDVD for installation
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Linux Mint Installation Guide
http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2009/12/03/linux-mint-8-installation-guide/

Linux Mint 11 Release Notes/User Guide
http://linuxmint.com/rel_katya.php

Linux Mint 11 can also be run straight from the LiveDVD from Boot without touching your Hard Drive

If you intend to run the Compiz Desktop I recommend replacing Compiz 0.9.4 with Compiz 0.8.6 for improved stability

How to install Compiz 0.8.6 on Ubuntu 11.04/Linux Mint 11 using a third party PPA
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/how-to-downgrade-to-compiz-086-in.html#more


LUg.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment