Sunday, January 6, 2013

At school, how can you send a message to another linux computer using the linux version of command prompt?

Q. I have been trying to figure out how to send a message to another linux computer at school for a while now by using the linux version of command prompt. I have tried using the write command but it says I have write abilities disabled. I have also tried using smbclient -M accountnamehere and it always says failiure to connect to whatever account I tried to connect to. Any help would be awesome.

A. Maybe you as a normal user just don't have the rights to do so. It's probably so for security reasons.

What is the Linux version that run as application inside MS winodws?
Q. Had this couple of years ago but I forgot what it is.
No, already got vmware. Then Debian and Suse on partition. I remember its like going to start menu, programs then clicking this to launch linux. been browsing but no luck so far.

A. What you are looking for is called andLInux and is available at www.andlinux.org

why is the UK version of yahoo home page defaulting to mobile in Linux versions of chrome?
Q. I'm using Ubuntu both i386 and 64bit and the latest version of chrome downloaded from Google its happening on several machines I'm using. Is there some kind of global account setting that would do this?

A. Does it happen when you are logged out or only when logged in?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

If it happens only when you login, it is an account setting.

If it goes away after clearing your cache, you may have visited a link to the mobile site and a cookie got set for it.

If it is happening when you are logged out and you have cleared your cache, it is probably related to your user agent.

You could use the following command to change your user agent to that of an IE9 browser:

google-chrome --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)"

If this fixes it, which it should, you would want to check your current user-agent and see if there is anything weird about it. Changing your user agent should only be a temporary solution, it can cause problems long term.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment