Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is Linux Magazine, called Linux Pro Magazine in the US, any good (we signed up for a low cost 3 edition trial)?

Q. Thanks.
http://www.linux-magazine.com/
Byte are now called Maximum PC isn't it? We had a subscription to Dr.Dobbs a few years ago when they actually had a print edition. They no longer offer a print edition however.

A. Simply put, yes. It's roughly as good as most of the mainstream magazines were in 1989 (though Dr. Dobbs Journal and Byte were better then which was before everybody got too dependent on commercial development packages).

Where can I get a free download of "Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" Universal Version", I got a cd in magazine, but i a?
Q. Where can I get a free download of "Linux Mint 6 "Felicia" Universal Version", I got a cd in magazine, but i accidently dropped and scratched it...I'm very pissed, but it would be so great if someon could point me to a redownload.

A. Linux Mint 6 Universal can be downloaded from here
http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=32

Also here are the release notes
http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_felicia.php

LUg.

Is there a Linux magazine?
Q. Do you know if there is a magazine like pcworld or macworld but about Linux?

A. There is Linux Journal (which is free online), I Like to look through Lxer.com.

There is also Linux Insider & Linux Format.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment