Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Are liberals more likely to use uncommon UNIX or Linux distributions?

Q. I'm a liberal and have three different operating systems. I use FreeBSD, Backtrack Linux and Linux Mint.

Where do you consider yourself to be politically and which Operating System are you currently using?
@ reek - I strongly recommend Linux Mint. It's far better than Windows, and as Linux distributions go it's pretty well mainstreamed for average users.
Windows 8 is awful - I'm convinced it's going to be an even bigger disaster for Microsoft than Vista was. If you have Windows 7 I recommend staying with it.
Unless you're thinking of switching to Linux that is.

A. I'm not liberal, and I use Windows, osX, Linux Mint, Fedora, DSL (Damn Small Linux), openBSD, and for kicks beta test several new trending distros. I also have two old atari's (ST and Falcon) that I use for classic gaming.

what is the different between backtrack and Slackware Linux ?
Q. well i was wondering if you could tell me what is the different between backtrack and Slackware Linux or do they have anything in common

A. Backtrack is a Linux distro on LiveCD with is designed to provide an easy way to do security testing (such as penetration testing on a network). I don't think it's used as a regular, installable distro.

Slackware is a full-blown Linux distribution which has been around since about 1993. Slack is one of the oldest existing Linux distributions, and is one of my favorites, especially for server use.

Backtrack was, according to what I read, based on SLAX, which was a derivative of the original Slackware.

How do I get my wireless card (broadcom 4311) to connect on Backtrack Linux?
Q. I am running Backtrack from a cd.

A. i hate to burst the bubble, but i dont think they are compatable



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment