Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How do I enter my passkey to connect to an internet connection on a Linux Ubuntu?

Q. You see, the network to access the internet here at home requires a password to connect to it, should you be using a Mac or a Windows based OS. However, my Linux just connects to the network without asking for a password. But I can't access the internet since I didn't enter the password. And I have no idea how to enter it. Any help?

A. click on internet connections on the top right

then select ur internet connection
if there exist a password then it prompts u for a password
then u need to change the mode to 128 bit hex, i think this is the second option over there in the password prompt box.

if this doesnt work u change the mode of access to shared key in the second trial

How do I find the access point of some one who is accessing my lap top with a home computer?
Q. I bought the lap top from this person who is very controlive,I connect to internet through a wireless conection.Is there some way for him to still have controling cradentials under administrater controls that are hidden

A. I have no idea what you want, but the answer here is Yes. He could have a remote "assistance" program on the computer. If you want to make sure nothing funny is happening, it is best to consider simply reformatting the computer. If the person you bought the laptop from did not include the OS cd, you should confront them about it. Or use Linux, whatever. I heard Ubuntu was nice, though I've only used Whoppix.

How do I run Linux on top of XP, without over-writing XP?
Q. My school provides us with Laptops. They installed Windows XP on it though, with additional Limitations. I want to run Linux off a CD in my D-Drive unannounced to the school. I do not want to unistall XP because if I did i would get in trouble with the school. Is there a way I can do this?

A. go to ubuntu.com and download ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 or 64 bit, whichever you need. i believe even a regular install cd will give you the option to "try" ubuntu when loaded in windows, it will be installed within the windows partition and ran on top of windows. there is also options on the website for different windows installers. if that is what your looking to do. linux also has dual booting option where you can create multiple boot partitions and you can install a different boot loader called grub which will allow you to select either windows or linux upon boot and will run independently. Also you can run linux or any PC based operating system in what is called a Virtual Machine. I recommend using virtualbox made by Sun. Good Luck



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment