Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Can I switch between Windows 7 and Linux (Ubuntu) whenever I want without deleting any files?

Q. Steam has just come out on Linux today, and on the Steam page, if I read it correctly, I can store Ubuntu on a USB drive and boot up Linux from it. When I don't want to use Linux anymore, I can go back to Windows without any files missing. Is this true? I want to try out Linux to see if I like it for non-gaming purposes, but I'm worried that it will possibly delete files on my computer if I do it incorrectly. Thanks!

A. With Linux, you have 2 options:
1. Run it off the flash drive or CD without installing it.
2. Install it on a different partition so you'll have 2 OS in your computer which you can run one at a time.

If you only boot from the flash drive or CD that contains Linux and run it then you don't lose your Windows and files provided you don't install it on the partition where your Windows and data are located.

How do i find out how much memory my graphic card has ubuntu?
Q. ok im using play on linux and when i am installing steam it asked how much memory my graphic card has and i dont know how to find out help?

A. if it's discrete you should be able to look up the model number to find out.

For integrated, you need to dig in the bios and see how much RAM was set aside for video buffers.

Can i play my windows steam games on linux?
Q. Hi I am very intrested in linux, but know almost nothing about it:) Can I install it for my gaming pc and play all of my steam games i have on it? thanks

A. No, steam games do not currently work on Linux. Valve is, however, working on games for Linux. Their first title for steam will be Left 4 Dead 2.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment