Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My autistic 7 year old nephew is gifted and highly motivated to learn computers. Where do we go for help?

Q. He is advanced and has voiced that he wants to learn Linux and already does some programming. He teaches himself using youtube videos. We don't know how to help him any further as he is beyond us. We asked his teacher and she simply shrugged and dropped it. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can help this kid excel at one of the things he is great at? They live just outside of Phoenix, AZ.

A. I think you will find many answers at
www.WrongPlanet.net
which is for autism. They have forums for Parents, Education and so on. You will also find others who are in the same situation as you.

Is linux a good field for a guy who is 47?
Q. For somebody who is a newbie with a good knowledge of XP and some html.What are my chances to get hired at 47 if I learn Linux and get a certification? And how long will it take if you judge it is a possibility for me. Best regards & Happy New Year 2009.

A. Yes.

What is the Best and most importantly easiest linux distro for an older computer?
Q. I have an old Dell, with 933 mhz processor, 128MB Ram, 20GB hardrive, and a CD burner. What is the best linux distro for this computer? It currently runs Windows 2000 pro. For hoots, I tried running Windows XP on it, but it was too slow. I think the 128MB or ram is what really holds the computer back, but only my parents use it, and theres not much sense in upgrading it at this point. I want to set up a dual boot on it so I can start learning linux with out fear of messing up my current computer. My warmest and sincerest thanks to all!!

A. http://www.ubuntu.com/



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment