Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to get diner dash to play linux?

Q. Have linux on my computer i want to play diner dash... i have tried wine and all that crap currently wine wont open anything so i am very unhappy. i have also tried virtual box i am on linux 10.4 and stupid virtual box will not install windows it gets half way and stops.

A. Try the program PlayOnLinux. if that does not work than I believe you are out of luck. Dont leave Linux though. Because are gaming base with double within the next 3 month. Valve is currently working on steam for linux. This will give us a big library of games.

Can I switch between Windows 7 and Linux (Ubuntu) whenever I want without deleting any files?
Q. Steam has just come out on Linux today, and on the Steam page, if I read it correctly, I can store Ubuntu on a USB drive and boot up Linux from it. When I don't want to use Linux anymore, I can go back to Windows without any files missing. Is this true? I want to try out Linux to see if I like it for non-gaming purposes, but I'm worried that it will possibly delete files on my computer if I do it incorrectly. Thanks!

A. With Linux, you have 2 options:
1. Run it off the flash drive or CD without installing it.
2. Install it on a different partition so you'll have 2 OS in your computer which you can run one at a time.

If you only boot from the flash drive or CD that contains Linux and run it then you don't lose your Windows and files provided you don't install it on the partition where your Windows and data are located.

Why are most things incompatible with Ubuntu?
Q. If Linux and Ubuntu have been around for a while, why are software developers not making their products for it? Things like Steam and Skype e.t.c don't have Linux versions.

A. Steam and Skype *do* work in Linux.

Skype: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/linux/

Steam running under WINE is rated Platinum: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19444

I have both installed on various Linux systems.

But to answer your question, most commercial software companies prefer using closed-source code than open-source code.

Another reason is the install base. Eight out of ten new computer systems come with Windows preinstalled. That's just a fact of life. Market share is king. The fragmentation of the Linux ecosystem doesn't help either: a developer who wants to write programs for "Linux" might have to provide a .deb package, a .rpm package, a binary tarball for the independents like Puppy, Gentoo, and Arch; it's a lot of duplicated work for little gain.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment