Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Could I use Backtrack to view the IP addresses viewing a webpage?

Q. I want to view the IP addresses that are currently viewing my friends website so I could see who is uploading illegal material. He's really busy and asked if I could do it for him. How would I go about doing this? I want to try to learn to use Backtrack but anything helps. Thanks.

A. what i want to know is why the hell people post the same question over and over again..

no you cannot use backtrack linux for viewing ip addresses! damn look at your web server logs..

How do I switch to backtrack 5?
Q. I want to switch to backtrack 5, but I dont want to lose important files and updates. What exactly does switching my operating system on my laptop do. Can I switch back? And there are many forms of backtrack 5 which should I do please help?

A. I don't "switch to" Backtrack 5. I use it occasionally and I use Linux but I have never installed it as a primary operating system and frankly the idea repulses me.

Burn it to a DVD or install it ot a flash drive using these instructions:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com

then boot boot from it that way. It will never TOUCH your hard drive unless you EXPLICITLY tell it to and your files will be intact.

Alternatively install it on a virtual machine.

How to create a dual boot but with 2 linux os?
Q. Ok so I want to partition a 320gb sata with 280gb for mint and 40gb for backtrack 5r3 however I am limited to I think 4 primary partitions

so maby

sda1= root for mint14
sda2= swap (which I know can be shared)
sda3= root for backtrack
now heres what i need to know how to share if possible a /home partition and maby how big should these partitions be roots maby 1gb and swap 1gb as well? Please Please help

A. As far as sharing /home partitions: it depends. See the first link. If you are using 2 linux distro that are very similar and keep the various software at the same version there would be no problem, but if they are using 2 different versions of the same program and you have some configurations in /home there could be problems. Google for "linux share /home partitions" and you will see more discussions pro and con. I am not familiar with which versions of software mint and backtrack are using.

Swap is generally recommended to be about 1 1/2 times the amount of your ram but there are a lot of users that say with the newer kernels that is not as important as in the past. Google linux swap size.
Linux runs very well on extended/logical partitions so if you use logical partitions you can have a /home for each.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment