Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to authenticate windows xp system to linux server?

Q. I have mostly Windows XP systems some mac and one or two win98 systems. I need to authenticate these systems to a Linux server. Is there a utility that I can use to authenticate to the network and then open up the network resources? Or is there a way to use the XP system login?

A. There are various ways. The best way, in my opinion, is using SAMBA (see the link in the sources below) to setup Linux as a Windows Primary Domain Controller (PDC). This capability has been around for a long time and it is extremely reliable. I ran an entire elementary school's network using an old 133Mhz PC as the PDC and file server. It was fast and nobody knew they were using Linux.

What kind of AntiVirus is recommended for Redhad Linux Server?
Q. What are the most common antiviruses used with Redhat Linux Server? Advice please, and many answers as possible.

yours

A. I doubt that you'll have any Linux users answer this question, because they believe Linux to be bullet proof ;-)

Explain the process for installing a Linux Server?
Q. Can someone Please explain the process for installing a Linux Server in detail. God bless.

A. download an ISO from a known source, such as Fedora, Ubuntu, boot from DVD/CD and follow the installation instructions on screen. Pretty simple.

I use Fedora, you can modify what you install on 1st load. Or do yum installs of parts after the basic install completes..

Personally I use apachefriends for web server as it packages the PHP/MYSQL/Apache in one installation I do this after I have the base install complete and have ran updates

#yum -y update



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment